RFS: switchconf

I am the upstream author of switchconf package, that is in etch, and I
have prepared a new version of switchconf.  This version adds two new
features that close bugs in BTS and change the build process.  There
are also small changes from 0.0.5.1-2 that was never released into
Debian.

This is the relevant part of the changelog:

switchconf (0.0.6-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  * Changes to the build process:

    * updated Makefile with better intelligence to detect package names
    * add support for multi-package sources
    * $(DESTDIR) variable should be use in install rules only
    * updated upload rule in Makefile
    * added tag rule to Makefile

  * New upstream version:

    * added new methods to change configuration files: copy, hardlinks
    (closes: #416094); Eric Lavarde

    * added init.d script to allow for boot time configuration switch
    using kernel options (closes: #416095); Eric Lavarde

 -- Jose Calhariz <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt>  Wed, 23 May 2007 19:17:56 +0100

switchconf (0.0.5.1-2) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  * updated to Standards Version 3.7.2
  * use invoke-rc.d to start init.d scripts, if it exist
  * removing martin f. krafft from Uploaders

 -- Jose Calhariz <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt>  Fri,  7 Jul 2006 23:02:50 +0100

It can be dowloaded from my homepage on
http://web.tagus.ist.utl.pt/~jose.calhariz/

As the previous sponsor is not available, I am asking if anyone can
sponsor the new upload.  I am attending the Debconf7 if someone have
questions and is here to.

debc
switchconf_0.0.6-1_all.deb
--------------------------
 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 9990 bytes: control archive= 1326 bytes.
     139 bytes,     5 lines      conffiles
     928 bytes,    23 lines      control
     937 bytes,    12 lines      md5sums
     194 bytes,     7 lines   *  postinst             #!/bin/sh
     176 bytes,     7 lines   *  postrm               #!/bin/sh
 Package: switchconf
 Version: 0.0.6-1
 Section: admin
  Switchconf allows users to easily change their system's settings,
  choosing between the possible configurations for different
  environments.
  .
  Most switchconf users are laptop owners who want to change their
  network settings according to where they currently are - but there
  are many cases for non mobile systems to desire to choose between
  configuration sets.
  .
  Switchconf is a very simple script that takes its arguments from the
  command line. It allows you to maintain different sets of
  configurations, installing the desired set of configuration when
  called with its name as an argument, and execute a pre-specified set
  of commands before and after the switch.

--
P.S. [En_US] The sig below is from my random sig-generator, which strangely
often seems to pick signatures which are apropriate to the message at

P.S. [Pt_Pt] A assinatura em baixo é do gerador aleatório de
assinaturas, que estranhamente, escolhe com frequência assinaturas que
parecem apropriadas ao email!
--

Não há perfume como o sucesso

--Elizabeth Taylor