Re: Sponsored: peless

-=| Giorgio Pioda, Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:09:09 +0200 |=-
> > One way to fix this is indeed by adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS, but
> > --as-needed is really just a hack. The proper way is to reduce the
> > "-l" parameters to the linker to only those libraries that are used
> > directly by peless.
>
> Fixed in upstream is better than in debian/rules .... of course!

We'll see if Paulo can come with anything better than --as-needed. This
is not an easy task...

> Actually, about dependecies...
>
> Compilig peless I noted that libgtkmm needs libcairomm internally but
> this dep. is not resolved in debian libgtkmm-dev (mentioning
> libgtkmm-dev doesn't automatically resolve for libcairomm-dev)
> package.... Should I make a bug report about this ?

If you can demonstrate why this is a bug, go ahead :)

libgtkmm depending on libcairomm does not necessarily mean that
libgtkmm's headers (-dev) depend on libcairomm's headers (-dev)

On the other hand, I bet that libgtkmm Build-Depends on
libcairomm-dev :)