Re: Sponsored: peless

Hi Damyan

Damyan Ivanov ha scritto:
> -=| Paul Elliott, Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:14:23 -0500 |=-
>> Thank Both of you for your help and good offices in getting peless
>> into debian!
>
> There is one thing I'd like to mention for the next release.
>
> Right now, it seems that peless links with many libraries it does not
> use directly. Adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS drop library packages
> dependencies from 26 to 10.
>
> One way to fix this is indeed by adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS, but
> --as-needed is really just a hack. The proper way is to reduce the "-l"
> parameters to the linker to only those libraries that are used directly
> by peless.

Fixed in upstream is better than in debian/rules .... of course!
Actually, about dependecies...

Compilig peless I noted that libgtkmm needs libcairomm internally but
this dep. is not resolved in debian libgtkmm-dev (mentioning
libgtkmm-dev doesn't automatically resolve for libcairomm-dev)
package.... Should I make a bug report about this ?

> Limiting unneeded library dependencies would make library transitions
> easier, saving efforts for the release team.

Thanks to your patience reviewing my packages... ;-)

Giorgio