Re: Closing a bug report, late, but elegantly

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> I had a bug in one of my packages, and I got a bug report with a
> patch. However, upstream gave me another patched version, and that bug
> doesn't exist anymore, but I forgot to add a "closes". How do I close
> that bug now? Do I just use control to force close it, or do I add a
> closes to my next upload (which I should've done long back!)?.

If it was closed in a particular version, send a message manually with
that version's changelog and an explanation of how the bug was fixed
(if the changelog doesn't indicate.)

Make sure you include a Version: pseudoheader. [See your other bugs
which have been recently closed by uploads for an example.]

Don Armstrong (with the owner@ hat on the rack)

--
Herodotus says, "Very few things happen at the right time, and the
rest do not happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct