* Package name    : dfu-programmer
 Version         : 0.4.0-1
 Upstream Author : Weston Schmidt <schmidt@users.sourceforge.net>
* URL             : http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPL
 Section         : devel
>>  Version: 0.4.0-1
>>  Depends: libusb-0.1-4
>>   A linux based command-line programmer for Atmel chips with a USB
>>   bootloader supporting in system programming.
>>   .
>>   This is a mostly Device Firmware Update (DFU) 1.0 compliant
>>   user-space application. This program was created because the Atmel
>>   FLIP program for flashing devices does not run on Linux and because
>>   standard DFU loaders do not work for Atmel chips.

I would like re-request a sponsor for this package dfu-programmer, as I fear it has slipped so far down the queue at mentors.debian.net that it may never get noticed. The package is available at http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dfu-programmer/

The tux droid project would like to start using dfu-programmer, as shown by their recent bug report to my ITP bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=416436

I have recently updated the source, fixing a couple bugs as noted in the changelog and synced to the newest upstream source.

Thanks,
Andrew