Re: About md5sums of debian sources

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 12:26:22PM -0400, Simon wrote:

> screwing that up.  I don't see why the build system isn't just
> extended to handle bz2 files, it's one of the things that bugs me
> about debian packaging.

That's happening - support for bzip2 compressed tarballs is in dpkg-dev
in etch so it can now be enabled in dak when someone gets round to it.
There's a policy of making sure that source packages can be unpacked on
at least the current stable release so until etch was released it wasn't
going to be enabled in the archive.