Re: RFS: ntfs-config

Il giorno sab, 02/06/2007 alle 17.43 -0700, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 01:59:38AM +0200, Francesco Namuri wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ntfs-config".
>
> >   Package name    : ntfs-config
> >   Version         : 1.0-RC2-1
> >   Upstream Author : Florent Mertens <flomertens@gmail.com>
> >   URL             : http://givre.cabspace.com/ntfs-config/
> >   License         : GPL
> >   Section         : admin
>
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > ntfs-config - Enable/disable write support for any NTFS devices
>
> So basically, the package must depend on ntfs-3g, and provides support for
> editing a small subset of entries in /etc/fstab.

It autodetects all the ntfs partitions on the system, also if there is
not the relative entry on the /etc/fstab, and it can autoconfigure the
fstab. Also it can configure change the configuration of hal for the
removable devices that contains a ntfs partitions.

> Why in the world is this something that needs an entire package to itself?

Consider a new debian user that does not know anything about /etc/fstab,
this package can be a good help for him (IHMO)...

PS
the same package in ubuntu have a popcom of 9586.

kind regards,
francesco

--
Francesco Namuri