Re: RFS: pyxplot -- command-line plotting package producing publication-quality output

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 20:10 +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> Upstream's build system is a bit esoteric. Rather than come up with a
> complicated clean rule I thought it would be easier to use the tarball-in-
> a-tarball method.

I'm not sure that means you should just ship the tarball.

I just tried setting up the package normally, without the tarball, but
at the moment It can't be installed on i386 as python-scipy depends on
python-numpy, which depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2-20070208), but that's
not available.

I would personally stick to _not_ shipping the tarball, and just stick
with trying with a nice clean rule.

I notice on their website they offer a Debian package themselves -- have
you asked upstream about their package at all?

Just one more thing: the tarball seems to have version 0.6.3.1 where
your debian/changelog shows 0.6.3-1 -- don't you mean 0.6.3.1-1 ?

> In fact, I realised I just let a bug slip through that caused gv to be
> invoked incorrectly. I'll fix that in -2.

Nice!

I hope this helps!

Regards,

--