Re: Time before closing an unreproducible bug

Le samedi 27 janvier 2007 à 12:06 +0200, Damyan Ivanov a écrit :

> - -=| Julien Valroff, 27.01.2007 10:47 |=-
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any globally accepted consensus about when closing an
> > unreproducible bug?
> >
> > #396653[0] was opened 86 days ago, and nobody can reproduce this bug,
> > which was already downgraded from grave to important with the RMs'
> > permission.
> > I would like to close the bug to keep the BTS as clean as possible, but
> > do not want to break established rules.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> I'd mail the reporter and ask of (s)he has any news.

Thanks to all for your answers.

I have mailed again the reporter, and will follow Neil's suggestions as
it is true that I haven't tested on amd64 (will try to find a machine).

I will thus keep trying to reproduce the bug again, and won't close it.

Cheers,
Julien