Re: Recurring "please do" patterns in debian-mentors

> Hi,
> * Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> [2007-01-01 14:13]:
>> After watching debian-mentors@ for a some time, I've found two types
>> of suggestions frequenly advised to the packagers:
>>
>> * Removing empty lines from the end of debian/copyright,
>>   debian/changelog
>>
>> * Using two spaces before 'Homepage:' field in package description.
>>
>> Do they look like candidates to the lintan tests (level I:, probably)?
>
> I guess not since this is not defined in the policy. Maybe
> if Homepage becomes a real control field.
> Kind regards
> Nico

The policy *does* distinguish between lines starting with one space
(paragraphs with word-wrapping) and lines starting with two or more spaces
(non-wrapped if panning is possible, otherwise hard-wrapped), so I think
there is a strong policy basis for the "Homepage" comment. Apart from
anything else, it makes cutting and pasting URLs easier.

The original e-mail suggested use of an *Informational* message - can't
these be used to report violations of "accepted practice" as well as
violations of policy? Having said that, though, it does _not_ look as
though removal of trailing blanks is a generally accepted practice.

Paul