upstream author requests inclusion in debian (Re: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org)

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 20:27 +0600, Oleg Puchinin wrote:
> Hi !
> I build my first debian package and want to add it in debian
> (unstable, of course).
> Can help my anybody ?
> Project:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/silentbob
> (lyrics, all other docs in package).
> In short - ctags/cscope/ctree etc. alternative.
>
> Oleg.
> Sorry for everything, I am "first year highschool student".

Hi Oleg,

I see that you are the upstream author of this software.  I guess that
you want your software included in Debian.

The first thing to do, is to submit a "request for packaging" or an
"intent to package", depending on whether you want to do the Debian
packaging yourself.  How is described here:
http://www.us.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l2

After that, in case you want to do the Debian packaging yourself, then
you should publish your package somewhere online and post a link to it
here on debian-mentors, requesting a review.

Enjoy!

Bart Martens