Re: Request-For-Sponsorship (xfardic)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> I'm not sure about a specific incident, but in general I'd say that
> for an otherwise unreleased package, more than one changelog entry
> is quite redundant. There's no reason to bother people with the
> different versions that never left your hard drive, so why include
> it? Keep it simple.

If the versions have not left your own private testing ground, it
doesn't really matter. If they have been released though, you should
be incrementing the versions so that people who have installed your
versions for testing purposes can move onto the actually released
versions.

There's nothing wrong with having multiple un-uploaded versions at the
first upload to Debian if that's what has actually occured. [Indeed,
there's nothing wrong with having multiple revisions between Debian
uploads to unstable if they've been deployed elsewhere for testing
first.]

So long as the version inflation isn't gratuitous, having multiple
revisions is no big deal.

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.