Who should be listed in Uploaders ?

Le Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 04:01:39PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

>  * Maintainer address set to
>    pkg-exppsy-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org and since none of us
>    is DD yet we saw no point to include us in Uploaders. This fact makes
>    lintian unhappy and complaining about changelog-should-mention-nmu,
>    source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number

Dear Yaroslav,

I am in the same situation with some debian-med packages, and I ended up
adding myself in Uploaders. I think that it is important that the users
have a clue that there are real persons which take care of the packages.

Also, the definition of the Uploaders field in the policy is broader
than what its name suggests. In fact, it does not mention uploading at
all!

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Uploaders

In the end, I think that it is safe to think the Uploaders field as a
"Co-maintainers" field. This is also how it is presented in
packages.qa.debian.org...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy