Re: RFS: Xapian - Search engine library

On 2006-06-10, Olly Betts <olly@survex.com> wrote:
> I'm seeking a sponsor for packages for Xapian (http://www.xapian.org/).
>
> I'm the main upstream developer of Xapian.  Richard Boulton (another
> Xapian developer) did the original packaging work, and more recently
> I've been maintaining them.  Details:
>
> Package: Xapian (packaged as several debian packages, see below for list)
> Version: 0.9.6
> Licence: GPL
> [...]

I've now updated the python packages for the new python policy (so
there's now just a "python-xapian" package - the "python2.3-xapian"
and "python2.4-xapian" packages are gone.

I've also fixed missing dependencies for the tcl and ruby packages due
to a typo in the rules file) and updated the package descriptions
(in particular the queryparser library that the main package
description talked about was merged into the main shared library
some time ago).

> The packages are free of lintian warnings.

I've also checked with linda, and there are no warnings there either.

I'd appreciate a critical eye being cast over the packages even if
you're not able to sponsor them - if I can fix any problems now it'll
speed things up when I do find a sponsor.

Updated list of packages:

http://xapian.org/debian/pool/0.9.6/binary/libxapian-dev_0.9.6-3_i386.deb
http://xapian.org/debian/pool/0.9.6/binary/libxapian11_0.9.6-3_i386.deb
http://xapian.org/debian/pool/0.9.6/binary/xapian-doc_0.9.6-3_all.deb