Re: Hello and request for sponsor (DomainKeys packages)

You can get a better response on debian-mentors. CCing.

andrew

On 6/17/06, Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
Greetings, official and unofficial Debian developers!

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a 27-year-old male from Sweden, for the
time being living in Linköping where I am (or have been) studying Computer
Science and Engineering.

My first contact with Debian that I was actually aware of, as well as my first
real hands-on experience of Linux system administration and programming,
wasn't until 2003, when a study mate of mine, who was the "CIO" of the local
student tenants' association, recommended it as the distro of choice if one
wanted easy maintenance and security upgrades, which is desirable in a high
turnover student association. I have loved Debian and its packaging system
ever since.

I have been fairly active reporting bugs and submitting patches, I think, both
in Debian and upstream, especially since I started running Debian almost
exclusively on my own boxes as well. Some are listed on
http://www.kibibyte.se/comp/bugs/ (never mind the Swedish). Now I feel that
it's time for me to maintain a package or two of my own, and I think I've
found the perfect packages to begin with:

* libdomainkeys (http://bugs.debian.org/352653), and
* libmail-domainkeys-perl (http://bugs.debian.org/373213)

The whole DK thing is experimental, but for those wishing to experiment, at
least Exim and SpamAssassin are prepared to use these prospective packages.
It is also my understanding that Yahoo's license, unlike Microsoft's SenderID
license, is quite OK. Is that correct?

So, what do you think, and is anyone willing to sponsor these tiny packages?

--
Magnus Holmgren        magnus@kibibyte.se, holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

--