Re: RFS: ripit -- Textbased audio cd ripper

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 07:47:06PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 the mental interface of
> martin f krafft told:
>
> > What does this do that abcde does not do?
>
> - faac support (will come in abcde 2.4?)

2.3.99 already has it.

> - --sshlist to encode over a network
> - --scp to use secure copy if one can not mount the remote fs
> - --loop to run Ripit without interruption as soon as a new CD is inserted
> - --cdtoc to generate a toc (cue) file used for cdrdao
>     (and in cdrecord as well ;)

Already there, too.

> But all this can be included in the Description of controls as well ;)
>
> What does abcde do that ripit does not do?
>
> - Rip all tracks to one wav

Rips to one flac with embedded cuesheet which can be used as a source for
ripping files.

> Can't compare features yet, because the abcde page
> http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/abcde.php isn't available.

Server down 8(

> Well, Jesus Climent will correct me. But anyway doesn't competition push
> inovations ;)

Sure. I just would like to see things being pushed from one program to
another, or merge things into the same basecode, instead of duplication of
efforts to achieve the same goal in the same way.

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

The world doesn't just disappear when you close your eyes, does it?
		--Leonard Shelby (Memento)