Re: RFS: ripit -- Textbased audio cd ripper

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 the mental interface of
martin f krafft told:

> also sprach Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> [2006.06.11.1401 +0200]:
> >  runs in text mode (no fancy GUI here) and does everything required to
> >  produce a set of mp3, ogg, flac, m4a files without any user-intervention.
> >  .
> >  ripit does the following with an Audio CD:
> >   - Get the audio CD Album/Artist/Tracks information from CDDB
> >   - Rip the audio CD Tracks (using cdparanoia or other cdrippers)
> >   - Encode the files (using lame, oggvorbis flac and/or faac)
> >   - ID3 tag them (v1 & v2)
> >   - Optional: creates a playlist (M3U) file (lists MP3s created,
> >     used by various MP3 players)
> >   - Optional: Prepares and sends a CDDB submission.
> >   - Optional: Saves the CDDB file.
>
> What does this do that abcde does not do?

- faac support (will come in abcde 2.4?)
- --sshlist to encode over a network
- --scp to use secure copy if one can not mount the remote fs
- --loop to run Ripit without interruption as soon as a new CD is inserted
- --cdtoc to generate a toc (cue) file used for cdrdao
    (and in cdrecord as well ;)

But all this can be included in the Description of controls as well ;)

What does abcde do that ripit does not do?

- Rip all tracks to one wav

Can't compare features yet, because the abcde page
http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/abcde.php isn't available.

Well, Jesus Climent will correct me. But anyway doesn't competition push
inovations ;)

Elimar

--
  The path to source is always uphill!