Re: [RFS] museek+: file-sharing application for the SoulSeek peer-to-peer network

Margarita Manterola wrote:
On 6/7/06, "Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)" <gandalf@le-vert.net> wrote:
Nobody is interrested in sponsoring me ?

Your package does weird things, related to the fact that it uses scons
for building.  For example, it checks for build-dependencies at clean
time:

# Run scons -c for cleaning
scons QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3/ -c
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Using SCons version 0.96.92
Checking for header file stdio.h... yes
Checking for header file sys/types.h... yes
(...)

What's the point of checking for build dependencies when you are cleaning?

I noticed this because I can't build your package with my pbuilder if
I don't install the build-dependencies OUTSIDE the pbuilder.  I hadn't
encountered such behaviour in any other package.

I don't really know why it does this, it seems to be a scons 'normal' behavior.

What do you mean "outside the pbuilder" ? Pbuilder use a chroot so what's installed on your system can't be used inside the pbuilder !

I use pbuilder to release binaries for each debian and ubuntu versions, since several museek releases. I don't have any problem. Are you sure your pbuilder is ok ?