Re: RFS: hearts-0.1-1 -- The classic Hearts card game for the GNOME desktop

Margarita Manterola wrote:
On 6/7/06, Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> wrote:

> http://www.jejik.com/files/hearts/temp/gnome-hearts_0.1.orig.tar.gz
> http://www.jejik.com/files/hearts/temp/gnome-hearts_0.1-1.dsc
> http://www.jejik.com/files/hearts/temp/gnome-hearts_0.1-1.diff.gz
> http://www.jejik.com/files/hearts/temp/gnome-hearts_0.1-1_source.build
> http://www.jejik.com/files/hearts/temp/gnome-hearts_0.1-1_source.changes

Why are the (upstream) ChangeLog, NEWS and TODO files empty?

I haven't really gotten round to writing the NEWS and TODO. I propbably should though. They are there because the GNU autotools require them.

The ChangeLog is empty because I haven't figured out a way to fill it yet. I am using Subversion for my upstream project. What I would like to have is that Subversion generates a ChangeLog automatically from the log messages attached to each commit. You wouldn't happen to know how to do that by chance?

The REDME installed in /usr/share/doc/gnome-hearts/README is
irrelevant for Debian.

True.

For the rest, it looks good.  I'd be willing to sponsor it.

Thanks for the offer :-) But I don't need sponsoring at this time. Josselin Mouette has added me to the pkg-gnome group so I can manage my packages on their Alioth Subversion repository and have better integration with the other gnome packages (mainly gnome-games and it's dependencies). He and the other DD's on pkg-gnome can sponsor my uploads.

Thanks for the offer though, and for the tips above. I'll fix them before my first release.

--
Sander Marechal