Re: executable name collision

* Carlo Segre [Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:14:39 -0500]:

> Hello All:

Hey Carlo.

> The only way I can see to handle this is to make our package (called
> mx1.2) conflict with the "motor" package

This is not allowed by policy.

> or just ignore the entire thing and let the last package installed
> with a --force-overwrite win.

And let's, uhm, forget you even mentioned this.

> Since this executable is in use in a number of places, I really can't
> change its name in the Debian package.

Well, either you agree to rename it, or you convince the motor maintainer
to rename. If you don't get to an agreement, you both rename. This
procedure is described in the first paragraph of Policy §10.1.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                               Listening to: Amon Tobin - Dream Sequence