executable name collision

Hello All:

We are working on package of a data acquisition & control system (called "mx") which has an executable called "motor" which has a completely different function (it is a java editor). This executable conflicts with an executable of the same name in the package "motor" [0]. Since this executable is in use in a number of places, I really can't change its name in the Debian package. The only way I can see to handle this is to make our package (called mx1.2) conflict with the "motor" package or just ignore the entire thing and let the last package installed with a --force-overwrite win.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Carlo

[0] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/editors/motor