Re: RFS: geany

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:12:51 +0200, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 16:26 +0200, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > Geany is a small and fast editor with basic features of an
> > integrated development environment. It has some nice features like
> > code completion, call tips, code folding and symbol/tag lists. Geany
> > supports 19 different filetypes. It is actively developed (by me)
> > and it aims to be small and fast.
>  I was checking, but could not figure out how it is different to the
> very similar looking Anjuta?
Geany is smaller and has less features but therefore it is faster and
doesn't blow up the user with unneeded, complicated things. Another
important point is, that Geany _only_ depends on GTK2(and its
dependencies), Anjuta need a lot of gnome libraries. This is one of the
most important reasons I wrote Geany and why people use it.
I think Geany is easier to use but this is very subjective because I'm
the developer ;-).

> > Could there be any problems because I'm the maintainer and upstream?
>  None. It's even better.
Good. Nice to hear.

Regards,
Enrico