Re: RFC/RFS: bfilter, aspell-hr, myspell-hr

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 10:55:32PM +0200, Vedran Fura? wrote:
> Kari Pahula wrote:
> > Ok.  Looks quite good, already.  Still, a few things about the Debian
> > I would like to see the /etc/bfilter files put into a bfilter-common
> > package and have bfilter and bfilter-gui depend on bfilter-common.
>
> Yes, you are right, I missed that. /etc files moved to bfilter-common.

The files /etc/default/bfilter and /etc/init.d/bfilter don't really
have anything to do with bfilter-gui.  I would leave them in the
bfilter package.  The files in /etc/bfilter are the ones that are read
by both bfilter and bfilter-gui.

> > Currently, running bfilter-gui fails since bfilter is running already
> > and using port 8080.  It would be possible to kill bfilter first
> > before running bfilter-gui, but the preferred way in Debian is to not
> > install the service in the first place.
>
> I added a conflict between them. Is that OK?
> Note that it is possible to change the default port number.

I don't think that that's necessary.  Having both installed will just
make bfilter-gui warn that it couldn't bind to 8080 with the default
configuration, which is hardly a problem.

> > /usr/sbin/bfilter would be more proper place to install bfilter to, too.
>
> Done.
>
> But are you sure about this? /usr/sbin binaries should be used only by
> sysadmin (http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs/fhs-4.6.html)
> and this is not the case with bfilter since an ordinary user can start and
> use bfilter.

Right, I wasn't sure about how far bfilter was configurable on a
per-user basis.  I guess /usr/bin is the more correct place after all.

> > Ideally, bfilter-gui should read config files from ~/.bfilter or some
> > other appropriate user-editable place...  But that's really a wishlist
> > item for the upstream.
>
> But bfilter-gui does read config from ~/.bfilter. Try to edit the config

I just had a (bit too) cursory glance at the source code with grep and
didn't spot that.  Oops.  I take that bfilter without GUI reads that
directory too when run as a normal user?

I'm starting to run out of things to complain about.  Good work.
Could you please make one more revision?

Those man pages would really be nice to have, still.