Re: Adding an application to the menu

On Thursday 01 June 2006 10:08, Charles Plessy wrote:
> which menu are you talking about? The Debian menu (which is accessible
> on all windowmanagers), or the Gnome/KDE menu (which contain the Debian
> menu as well).
>
> They are handled by different mechanisms... However, I think that it is
> a good thing to take care of both.

actually if you have the menu-xdg packge installed (normally that'll be the
case when you have gnome or kde installed) the Freedesktop menus (used by
gnome and kde among others) will include the Debian menu

-> adding your app to the debian menu should normally be enough
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)