Re: Adding an application to the menu

On 6/1/06, Indraveni <indraveni@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
 Hi,

  I am creating a deb package which will install some type of converter into
the system and it is working fine. NOW......I want to add an entry into the
Applcaitions/Office menu of my debian system for that particular application
which is installed from my deb package. so that when I click on that menu
item it will start the converter.

 What do I need to do for this??

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu-policy/

You can find examples in the Debian Games team's SVN repository (look
for menu files under the debian directories):
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/

Ex.: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/enemylines/enemylines3/trunk/debian/menu?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

--
Regards,