[RFS] kalign, dialign, and treeviewx

Dear mentors,

I have prepared debian packages for bioinformatic software. The two
first are command line tools to compare biological sequences, and the
third is a GUI to viusalise the comparisons as a phylogenetic tree.

Here is a link to the ITPs, which contain detailed descriptions. Also,
the packages are listed by order of complexity.

http://bugs.debian.org/365344 : kalign
http://bugs.debian.org/361682 : dialign
http://bugs.debian.org/352506 : treeviewx

All three packages build well on ppc, ppc64 and i386, and are already
uploaded on mentors.debian.net and on Alioth
(http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/).

I intend to package more software in this field (multiple sequence
alignment), in particular because there is a new tool, "m-coffee", which
pools the result of alignments from different programs, to merge them
into a higher-quality alignment. Although programs such as kalign are
trivial to install, doing this ten times starts to become tedious...

More generally, I would like to make Debian a platform of choice for
bionformatics and computational biology, and I started by focusing on
multiple sequence alignment.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy