Re: RFC: gnash (FSF Free Flash Player)

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 00:49 +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:

> >       * debian/control: gnash is not binNMUable due to libgnash-dev
> >         strictly depending on libgnash0 (= ${Source-Version}).
>
> What should I do in this case? just depend on libgnash0 without the version?
> wasn't they going to solve this problem in some way?

I'm not sure exactly, but there was a thread recently about this. I
think making the relation >= would do it. Otherwise, you can use
dpkg-parsechangelog and sed to create a new variable, which you pass to
dh_gencontrol using -V (and use that in the control file).

> >       * debian/control: about mozilla-dev, generally, xulrunner is being
> >         moved to these days, is that something that is possible for the
> >         plugin? I'd love to be able to try this in galeon/epiphany.
>
> I haven't ever had a look at xulrunner but it seems to be interesting. The
> plugin should be compatible with any browser that supports mozilla plugins I
> guess. Is there a standard way to handle that?

Not really sure, I'd suggest asking the xulrunner/firefox/galeon/etc
maintainers. There may be an l.d.o or l.alioth.d.o list for that.

> W: klash: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/lib/kde3/libklashpart.so
> /usr/lib:/usr/share/qt3/lib
<snip>
> ./usr/lib/kde3/libklashpart.so is a plugin for konqueror, an it seems to
> depend on the libraries at /usr/share/qt3/lib. As this is the first konqueror
> plugin I package, I don't know if it's something usual or not. Does somebody
> out there have a hint?

On my unstable system, /usr/share/qt3/lib only contains symlinks to
files in /usr/lib, so presumably you can turn off the rpath with no ill
effects. I don't know if this is the correct thing to do, I'd suggest
asking on the debian qt/kde list about it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise