Re: Naming conventions for mingw32 packages?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Naming conventions for mingw32 packages?
- From: Volker Grabsch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:51:52 +0100
- Message-id: <20060309125152.GA20764@vlaptop.vlnet>
- In-reply-to: <20060309113722.GA311@vlaptop.vlnet>
- References: <20060309113722.GA311@vlaptop.vlnet>
Dear Debian Mentors,
The zlib development package in Debian is called:
While I do understand the "1", I don't understand the "g".
In particular, should I adopt that naming convention for
mingw32 cross builds?
Usually, I would name the mingw32 package according to the
DLL file "zlib1.dll", i.e.:
However, probably there is a good reason to call it:
instead. Which of them should I prefer?
Sorry for my questions, but there isn't any "Debian MinGW
Policy" out there, is it?