Re: How to -- debian distribution CD...

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:01:35AM -0800, TIFR students wrote:
> We would like to know if there is any way by which we can create an debian distro ISO which contains packages of our choice.
> On debian site there r basically 2 ways defined:

> 2.Using net install.
> Well we got the basic minimal ISO from woody(186 MB).
Just to be clear, there is another ISO image somewhere which is just a
few megabytes (~10MB).  It has the kernel, and the modules, and the
installer, but not base (if size is a problem).

Also check out bootcd - run your system from cd without need for disks
(and bootcd-* packages).  I experimented with this a couple years
back.

Justin