Re: dh_shlibdeps question

* Lawrence Williams [Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:57:49 -0330]:

> I am currently building a program that Depends on libasound2 (>= 1.0.7).
> However, using dh_shlibdeps results in a .deb that, among other things,
> depends on libasound2 (>= 1.0.5).

  then, either you or the libasound2 maintainer got something wrong. or
  you need to provide us some more information.

  why do you say that your program depends on libasound2 (>= 1.0.7),
  i.e. which are the reasons that 1.0.5 won't do? unless there is a bug
  in libasound2.shlibs, the version you have installed and any other
  version >= 1.0.5 should be fully compatible (symbol-wise).

  also, my libasound2.shlibs reads:

    libasound 2 libasound2 (>> 1.0.5)

  so perhaps you have an outdated copy and that >> would suffice you.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.