Re: some questions on multiple binaries per source

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:38:40PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:06:24PM +0100, Eric Lavarde wrote:
> > - more specific question: one of the additional packages is a plugin,
> > FreeMind itself "requires" Java, the plugin "requires" Java and
> > FreeMind. Am I supposed to write in the control file that the plugin
> > does depend on Java, if it's already depending on something that depend
> > on Java?
>
> Nope, Debian is sane like that.

However, if the plugin itself uses Java, it should also depend on it
directly. Consider (however unlikely) that FreeMind stopped using Java;
if the plugin still must have Java itself independent of FreeMind, it
should have its own dependency on it.

Cheers,