RFS: Need sponsor to upload RULI #234303

This is a new tentative on finding a sponsor. Matt? ;)

I'm updating parts of a previous post, available here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/debian-mentors-200403/msg00003.html

The usual description for the RULI package is:

  RULI stands for Resolver User Layer Interface.
  It's a library built on top of an asynchronous
  DNS stub resolver. RULI provides an easy-to-use
  interface for querying DNS SRV resource records
  (RFC 2782). The goal is to promote wide
  deployment of SRV-cognizant software. RULI aims
  to fully support SRV-related standards. There
  are bindings for Perl and PHP4. The licensing
  is under GNU GPL.

Detailed info can be found on Savannah:

  http://www.nongnu.org/ruli/

I think the main RULI benefit is the factoring
of queries for DNS SRV records in a
standards-compliant way. RULI attachs to
applications by using the Liboop library
(http://liboop.org/) currently available for
Debian. I see most applications try to
implement their own DNS subsystems which
lack adherence to the standards. SIP
implementations come to mind. By making
RULI available under Debian, I hope to ease
the "correct" adoption of SRV records by
application developers.

The bug report is here:

  ITP: ruli -- Library for easily querying DNS SRV
records

Tentative package files are here:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/ruli/

I have also dupload'ed packages to:

  http://mentors.debian.net/

I have a signature of macan@debian.org on
my gpg key. I suppose that is sufficient
for confirming my identity?

Volunteers, please step forward. =)

Thanks,
Everton

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html