Re: Need a sponsor to upload #234303

On 2004-03-18 Everton da Silva Marques <evertonsm@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> --- Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
>> I'd start hitting up the maintainers (and upstreams) of packages
>> which *could* use SRV records, regardless of whether they
>> currently do or not, and suggest it to them.

> I plan to push that kind of SRV adoption. I have actually sent a
> ruli-based SRV-lookup patch for Exim, but then its author added SRV
> support throught its own internal, rather extensive, DNS facilities.
> I believe one may see SRV support in Exim 4.31. Other packages will
> come.
[...]

Judging from the latest snapshot Exim 4.31 *will* support SRV

+Everton da Silva Marques  Suggested patch for SRV handling
[...]
+ 5. The dnslookup router now supports the use of SRV records (see RFC 2782) in
+    addition to MX and address records. The support is disabled by default. To
+    enable SRV support, you need to set the check_srv option to the name of
+    the service required. For example,
+
+      check_srv = smtp

           cu andreas
PS: Everton, what mailer are using? Webmail? It formats messages in an
readable way.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"