Re: Need a sponsor to upload #234303

--- Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:

> I'd start hitting up the maintainers (and upstreams)
of
> packages which *could* use SRV records, regardless
of
> whether they currently do or not, and suggest it to
them.

I plan to push that kind of SRV adoption. I have
actually
sent a ruli-based SRV-lookup patch for Exim, but then
its
author added SRV support throught its own internal,
rather
extensive, DNS facilities. I believe one may see SRV
support
in Exim 4.31. Other packages will come.

> I asked for PHP specifically because I have a couple
of
> packages (not to mention internal applications)
which
> could potentially benefit from it, and I'm primarily
a PHP
> programmer these days.

I have spent the last days crafting a simplistic PHP4
binding for RULI. It's included in ruli-0.18, just
released. Maybe you want to take a look at it? Yes,
it's a
crude work, as I'm not so familiar with PHP.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/ruli/

The PHP4 binding lies under the 'php' directory in the
tarball.

I'm unsure on how to apply licensing terms to RULI
(GNU GPL)
plus this recently created PHP4-binding. Do we have
compatibility issues with the PHP license?

BTW, I might be able to get a DD signature on my GPG
key
next Saturday. There will be a DD speaking in a local
event.

I'm facing a new issue while packaging ruli-0.18 for
Debian. I see the messages below complaining about
lack of
"Section for source files", and "Debian-native
package". Also, the 'diff' file is not being
generated. I'm
probably doing something stupid, but could not solve
this
yet. Please someone advise.

..................8<..................
 dpkg-genchanges
dpkg-genchanges: warning: missing Section for source
files
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
 signfile ruli_0.18-1_i386.changes

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Everton da Silva Marques
<evertonsm@yahoo.com.br>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID DB5FB639, created 2004-01-19

dpkg-buildpackage: full upload; Debian-native package
(full
source is included)
..................8<..................

--- Filippo Giunchedi <filippo@esaurito.net> wrote:

> yeah, SRV records are good. please also check this
> small (sigh) list of software
> which supports SRV records
> http://dns.vanrein.org/srv/tools/

Indeed RULI is on that list for a long time. =)

Thanks,
Everton

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html