Re: my pim 1.4 package now on sourceforge: help me test it again please!

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:57, Number Six wrote:
> 4 days ago, I asked you all to help me test my PIM package and
> Bruno Barrera C." told me 6 things I needed to do:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/debian-mentors-200403/msg00194.html
>
> I've done all of them, written a manpage and some documentation, spiffed
> it up and put it on sourceforge.  It builds clean in pbuilder/sid.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=104469
> https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=224362
>
> It purports to be a little list manager but in reality it's an little
> XML-based database with referential integrity.  The design goals are:
> start quick, don't require a server, and work the way Tom Ballard thinks
> it should.  I'm Left Handed to the max.
>
> I tried all the 4000 evolutions, kontacts, list managers, and
> postgres/mysql front ends -- but this one stays crunchy in milk!
>
> Give it a whirl.  Let me know if it barfs.  I had to keep the design
> goals very "down to earth" to finish it -- I kept trying to make it
> real fancy and started over 20 times.  Then last fall I spent a month
> just grinding forward till I got something...
>
> I use it a lot.  With simple lists and some XSL to do things with the
> data, plus the speed of launch, it actually is worthwhile.

Well, it seems better than the previous version.

Just two things:

- I recommend to use a "clean" debian/rules , I mean without so many
comments (you can check my debian/rules file of my 'aget' package.)

- Be aware with the lintian warnings.
(pim: menu-icon-has-bad-colors /usr/share/pixmaps/pim.xpm)

I Hope somebody could sponsor this program (I cannot, im not DD).

Cheers, Bruno.
--
Midway upon the journey of our life,
I found myself within a forest dark,