Re: RFS: truncate (now it's free, for real!)

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:46:21PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Is something so trivial worth packaging?  It sounds like it doesn't
> do
> anything that dd doesn't.
I've packaged it with newbies in mind, and on the fly resizing,
situation in which redudnancy of dd features could be excused.

> If I've misunderstood and this does more, could you try to write a
> better
> description?  The one that you provided is confusing, and has a
> number of
> typographical and grammatical errors.  debian-l10n-english can help.

I've subscribed to that list, thanks, it will surely help me in future
I'm sorry for that silly description, I forgot to write the real one.
I don't know if any debian developer will ever consider it useful, but
I'll keep improving this package, at least to improve my own packaging
skills, upstream welcomes patches and new ideas, like the license that
has been changed, a makefile patched with the DESTDIR var that is
vital
for a debian package, I've just submitted him an italian man page, a
french one will be sumbitted soon.
if you please here you can look to the changes:
http://ketavet.dyndns.org/truncate/truncate_0.5-2_i386.changes

and now a strange, dumb-sounding request:
if you mentors have better/more useful "packaging exercises" to
suggest me, I'll welcome the advices, it may be a strange request but
I'm not a programmer, I mainly use console to do network
administration, I'm lost in WNPP search something to package that will
of use for myself without great results.
Is this a bad approach to debian maintainig? I mean dealing with
packages you don't use.
Yours,

--
Luca Pasquali <keta@email.it>