Re: RFS: Bootsplash

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:34:53 +0100, David Weinehall <david@southpole.se> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:50:53AM +0200, era+debian@iki.fi wrote:

For the scripts in sysv-rc-bootsplash, this should from a cursory
glance, be as easy as removing the function keyword and adding () after
the function-names.

Ok it's fixed, but I still did the #!/bin/bash thing. Not uploaded yet. I don't see the #!/bin/bash thing as a problem (nor the bashisms as long as #!/bin/bash is there). I personally am not very fond of the bootsplash project, and it's quite a hassel to set up and poorly maintained, so if any one knows of any other similar products (not lpp) let me know please. SplashFX looks promising except it is not maintained, and kinda just out in the abyss of the internet, if any one has more info on SplashFX, send that my way too.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com