RFS: evolvotron (graphcs)

I'm the developer of evolvotron, an interactive evolutionary art
program.

Home page: http://www.bottlenose.demon.co.uk/share/evolvotron/index.htm
Examples: http://www.bottlenose.demon.co.uk/share/evolvotron/gallery.htm
Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/evolvotron/index.htm

I'd like to become the maintainer of a packaging of it for debian, if
you're interested.

There's my initial attempt at building a .deb and associates (following
the new maintainer's guide) at:
http://www.bottlenose.demon.co.uk/tmp/
(sorry, I don't have an ftp site, but the files should be retreivable
using your browser's "download link" or similar).
It installs a /usr/bin/evolvotron (and a couple of related command line
apps) and creates an Apps/Graphics/evolvotron entry on the Debian menu.

This is actually a .deb of work in progress so there is some dead
functionality on the Settings/Functions menu.  Depending on how fast
things happen I'd actually expect to put the finished 0.2.4 release into
Debian when it's done, or would fixup the last 0.2.3 release (which was
missing man pages).

A few of questions:
- Does it matter that I built this on a testing rather than unstable
system ?  (I have a stable and a testing box here).
- I was expecting (according to the guide) to have to enter a GPG key
during thedpkg-buildpackage step.  It didn't ask, but I'm guessing this
because I haven't set myself up with gpg yet ?
- The evolvotron sources come with a CHANGES file.  In
/usr/share/doc/evolvotron I seem to have ended up with a duplicate
CHANGES.gz & changelog.gz plus a changelog.Debian.gz.  Should I get rid
of CHANGES and just have the changelogs, or is this not a big deal ?
- Is there any policy on optimisation flags ?  The evolvotron sources
override the qmake supplied -O2 flag with -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops -ffast-math, which last time I checked could render about
13% faster.  Should I force them back to just -O2 for the debian build ?

Thanks
--
Tim Day - www.timday.com