Re: Sponsor searching for ftp.proxy

Hello again,

At 16:12 19.7.2003, you wrote:

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 16:19 +0200, Andreas Schoenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like to make a debian package an maintain it for my ftp.proxy project and
> now I am looking for a sponsor for my package.

I couldn't find ftp.proxy listed at:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/prospective

I'm afraid you haven't filed an ITP (intent to package) for your
package. To file an ITP, follow the instructions at:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

I made an ITP: Debian Bug #222042

> The package is already done, so I think there will be much work for the
> sponsor!

After filing the ITP, you will get an email with a bug number. Put the
following in your debian/changelog:

  * Initial Release (closes: #nnnnnn).

where nnnnnn is the bug number associated with your ITP.

I did this in the current package.

> Here is a short description of ftp.proxy:
>
> ftp.proxy is an application level gateway for FTP. It sits between a client > and a server forwarding command and data streams supporting a subset of the
> file transfer protocol as described in RFC 959.
>
> Beside this basic function which makes the program useful on firewall or
> masqueraders it offers fixing the FTP server (e.g. for connections into a
> protected LAN) and proxy authentication.

That's a long description.

For the short description see:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-pkg-synopsis

You must have read the Debian Policy and Developer's Reference
documents.

> http://www.ftpproxy.org/

I didn't mean the debian term 'short description' but a summary for you what the project is about.

> Thanks in advance
> Andreas

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800

Hope now we will get further.

Regards
Andreas