Re: RFS: loop-aes (#111167)

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:12:12AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Max Vozeler wrote:
> > > As for the util-linux incompatibility, a Replaces: is the first solution
> > > that comes to mind..
> >
> > Does that mean I could create a package, say loop-aes-utils, that
> > Replaces: util-linux and contains just the binaries that need changes?
> > That sounds like a good solution.
>
> You cannot replace/confluct util-linux, it's essential.  What I did for
> my loop-aes setup is patch the util-linux package, to build an
> additional package, mount-aes_2.11y-2.0.pp1_i386.deb, which reverted
> mount, umount, swapon and losetup.

I ended up doing something very similar: I created a package
loop-aes-utils that contains the patched binaries and dpkg-diverts
the original binaries and manpages from mount.

Greets
Max

--
Max Vozeler <max@hinterhof.net>           http://hinterhof.net/~max
GnuPG B7CDA2DC : 308E 81E7 B979 63BC A0E6  ED88 9D5B D511 B7CD A2DC