Re: RFS: msmtp, wmnetload, wmwifi

 I made a lot of changes to my packages (Thanks BTW for all the helpfull
 comments from everyone.

 Can you please check them out now, and see if I did it right this time?

 deb http://digitalssg.net/debian/ stable main non-US
 deb-src http://digitalssg.net/debian/ stable main non-US

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:57:28AM -0600, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> Okay, the URL is working for me now.
>
> On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 16:53, Jess Mahan wrote:
> >  Hi, I would like to get a sponsor. I am new to sponsorship/manitaining although
> >  I am not new to Debian or Linux. Debian is my favorite Linux distribution and
> >  I am excited about contributing to it.
> >
> >  Below are the packages I am requesting sponsorship for:
> >
> >  msmtp (0.6.1 & 0.6.2 ) - An "SMTP plugin" for Mutt and probably other MUAs.
>
> - With your build-dependencies, the result is a binary linked against
> OpenSSL. This is a violation of copyright to distribute, since the
> OpenSSL license and GPL are not compatible. The source seems to have GNU
> TLS support in it; you should make sure it uses that (via ./configure)
> instead of OpenSSL.

  Unfortunatly, I cannot get it to build with gnutls3 on woddy, so
  i created the package anyway, and made a non-US section on my
  repository.

  I did however get it to build and link under debian/testing with
  lingnutls7.

> - "Remember to check back for new versions, apt-get update often!" (from
> your README.Debian) doesn't make sense when someone is running stable.
> In addition, Debian doesn't recommend apt-get as a general "end user"
> tool.

  I can see why that was a bad idea, so I nuked it.

> - debian/rules has a lot of debhelper cruft, making it harder to read
> and increasing the build time. Also, you should look into setting the
> compatibility level to 4 instead of 3 (and possibly making the changes
> to update Standards-Version while you're at it).

  Think I got this right now, I everything from debian/ruls that I
  thought was not needed.