Re: RFS: msmtp, wmnetload, wmwifi

Okay, the URL is working for me now.

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 16:53, Jess Mahan wrote:
>  Hi, I would like to get a sponsor. I am new to sponsorship/manitaining although
>  I am not new to Debian or Linux. Debian is my favorite Linux distribution and
>  I am excited about contributing to it.
>
>  Below are the packages I am requesting sponsorship for:
>
>  msmtp (0.6.1 & 0.6.2 ) - An "SMTP plugin" for Mutt and probably other MUAs.

- This is packaged as Debian-native (tar.gz with no diff). Since
upstream doesn't seem to have the debian/ directory, it should be
included in the patch.

- With your build-dependencies, the result is a binary linked against
OpenSSL. This is a violation of copyright to distribute, since the
OpenSSL license and GPL are not compatible. The source seems to have GNU
TLS support in it; you should make sure it uses that (via ./configure)
instead of OpenSSL.

- "Remember to check back for new versions, apt-get update often!" (from
your README.Debian) doesn't make sense when someone is running stable.
In addition, Debian doesn't recommend apt-get as a general "end user"
tool.

- debian/rules has a lot of debhelper cruft, making it harder to read
and increasing the build time. Also, you should look into setting the
compatibility level to 4 instead of 3 (and possibly making the changes
to update Standards-Version while you're at it).

--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>