Re: Sponsor for new applicant - packaging Balance

Matthew,

Thanks for the FAQ - it was very interesting.

My package can be found at www.jimjeffrey.net/balance/ and I am very interested in any feedback people may have. Obviously... a sponsor would be nice...

A very good description of Balance can be found at the author's site (http://www.inlab.de/balance.html) but for convenience I will reproduce it here:

"Balance is our suprisingly succesful load balancing solution being a simple but powerful generic tcp proxy with round robin load balancing and failover mechanisms. Its behaviour can be controlled at runtime using a simple command line syntax.

Balance succesfully runs at least on Linux(386), Linux(Itanium), FreeBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris and Mac-OS X.

Balance is Open Source Software and released under GPL licensing terms."

thanks,

James