recommended sid upgrade method

I assume that (generally speaking) as DD's (in NM training or otherwise)
are expected to have a reasonably up to date sid install, whether
native, chroot, or whatever.

What I'd like to know is, which upgrade command should I use. For
example, I currently know of, and have used, the following:

1) apt-get upgrade
2) apt-get dist-upgrade
3) apt-get dslect-upgrade
4) aptitude dist-upgrade
5) wajig dist-upgrade

I never read the man pages enough to grok 1), so really always used 2),
up until a month or two back when I discovered 3), and I've looked with
interest at the difference in download size between 2) and 3). I guess I
need to read the man pages to grok the difference there again too.
Finally, now there is 5), and I wonder which one it corresponds to...

Any ideas appreciated
Zenaan

--
Mr Zenaan Harkness