Re: Pre-RFS: axkit (orphaned), latex-xft-fonts

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> I could use the help of a DD to confirm that the packages I am building
> are structurally fit for upload.  I think I'm doing the right thing with
> pbuilder, but I expect there are subtleties.

>   axkit-1.6.2-4
>   latex-xft-fonts-0.1-2
>   lyx-1.3.3-0.2

> The latex-xft-fonts package is new; its purpose is to fill a gap in the
> fonts needed by the LyX Qt frontend.  Perhaps a DD would be so kind as to
> look at it and see what needs to be done for it to be fit to upload.

I've uploaded latex-xft-fonts to incoming. The first upload was rejected
by James Troup for license reasons.

See http://people.debian.org/~dexter/latex-xft-fonts/ for latest version.

> The lyx packages are an update to Piotr Roszatycki's work; Piotr, I've
> made a pass through the bug list and identified a bunch that are very
> likely to be fixed or unreproducible with the current version, and listed
> them in my changelog entry.  I intend to test this myself over the next
> few days; when I am satisfied with it, I will pull out my changes as a
> patch and send them to you.  Hopefully I can track down the two RC bugs
> without inducing a regression.

Big THANK YOU! I will apply your changes and BTS clean up, surely.

> There are a lot of old bugs filed against LyX, and I am sure many are long
> since fixed in the upstream.  Testers will be welcome, especially in
> non-English locales, but be warned that I haven't tested them yet myself.
>
> - Michael
>
> [Piotr, I copied you as the lyx maintainer; please let me know if I'm
> duplicating work you've done.  I started from your lyx-1.3.3-0.1
> experimental package.]

I've done some minor tweaks with dependencies. I'm using CVS as helper for
maintaining my packages. See
http://cvsdebuild.alioth.debian.org/horde/chora/cvs.php/cvsdebuild/debian/dists/lyx/debian/packages
for changes.

In fact, I'm waiting for ftpmaster and uploading latex-xft-fonts into
distribution...

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia S.A.                            .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :