Re: neglected RC bugs

> Hello,
>
> I've put together a list of neglected RC bugs:
>
>      http://memebeam.org/john/tests/bug-mining/neglected-bugs.html

Thanks, John; I found this helpful, on two scores.  One, I spotted one
package on your list that I care about and feel competent to help with
(lyx); I'm putting together a package with new upstream sources as I
speak.  (I'll make it available immediately, but I think I should do some
testing under sid before asking the maintainer to look at it.)

Two, I find it very encouraging to see that there are so few "neglected"
bugs.  A few of these bugs stem from known issues like the ruby 1.6->1.8
transition; i. e., the lack of follow-ups on a particular bug is
misleading, because it's mostly there as a reminder or to block
propagation into sarge.  Almost all of the rest are on packages that I can
live without.

The more ways we have of looking at the obstacles to release, the better,
IMHO.  If you were to update the list, I'd probably look at it every week
or so.  Thanks again.

- Michael