Re: Adopting orphaned packages (axkit and relatives)

Hi,

Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> I am currently running AxKit on woody + backports of many packages on
> which it depends.  If I understand correctly, I will need to build on
> sarge (or sid?) in order to produce a package fit for upload.  Should I

clean sid.

> begin by setting up a sarge system, and if so, what is the best procedure
> currently?  (I would default to x86 hardware since I have several handy,

Well, what you want. A full system, chroot, pbuilder...

> but I could also set up a Sparc if that's better.)  Should I install woody

well, your decision.

> and then upgrade, or should I try out the new debian-installer?  And once

doesn't matter.

> I have a sarge system, are there packages I should pin before proceeding
> on to sid, or is it the other way around (upgrade only selected packages
> to sid)?

Once you have a sarge system you need to upgrade again to sid :P

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73