Re: Packaging phpLDAPadmin. Newbie's questions.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:28:06AM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> If you can reasonably expect your target audience to read the README.Debian
> file and edit the config file by hand, then I'd say let them edit.
> Certainly, if it's only one or two lines, in one file, and you can easily
> point them at the right spot, then probably the payoff of your time vs their
> time (including the time which would need to be spent answering the question
> anyway) probably isn't good enough to make it worth writing the debconf
> frontend.

This is a good point. Sorting out the conffiles by putting essential
parameters at the top and referring to them in README.debian is the way
to start. If the user install a tool to manage an LDAP server, he/she
must have heard of configuration files before! :)

Thank for your time.

Sincerely,
David.
--