Re: Need a mentor with a !x86 machine

On Sunday 09 November 2003 05:27 pm, Bob Proulx wrote:
>Those hard coded CFLAGS can't be disabled at configure time.  On any
>architecture with optimizer sensitivities such as is often the case on
>less mature ports this can cause trouble.
>
>As help to convince upstream this is bad, refer them to the automake
>documentation.

Thanks for the pointer.  I cleaned up the CFLAGS in Makefile.am and fixed a
load of errors that got exposed in the process.  I can compile it without MMX
on my athlon and see the framerates drop noticeably now.

If anyone with a non-x86 machine would like to take a look again and give
feedback on wheter or not it compiles properly, I'd really appreciate it.
The build logs that I recieved were very helpfull.

The new package is at:

http://www.nixnuts.net/xmms-goom.tar.gz

Thanks

John