Re: Put a program in the gnome menu

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:09:01AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> A package.desktop file.
>

>     apt-get source conglomerate
>     cd conglomerate-0.7.6/data
>     cat conglomerate.desktop

by the way...  I've read something in  order top create a  new folder in
the menu Application, so that I don't just store all the applications in
Others.

I've noticed that I need .directory file in /usr/share/gnome/vfolders/ .
I can't  add the  file in every  program, for when  I install  them they
should complain about the fact that every program tries to everwrite the
file.  So  I  think  I  should create  a  little  common  package  (like
fetchmail-common, to  give you  the idea) where  I'll put  my .directory
file and I'll make the other debs depends on it.

The  question is:  how can  I create  a little  deb with  just one  file
without having to create an empty project with the autotools and running
dh_make on it?

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.